This is the first update since I got done moving. With the kids out of school for the summer and a new home to organize, it's been rough around here. Besides my digital camera finally died. I did start tooling up the Taig. Bought a milling adapter, a few collets, the drilling tailstock, cutting bits, etc. You never get done tooling up! I splurged and bought a set of US made, screw machine length #1-#60 drill bits from Enco. They're so nice I'm scared to use them! Anyway, here's a picture of my new cave:
Once I buy some shelves to put on the right side, I will have some more floor space. It's still very hot here in Las Vegas so I've been messing around in my corner of the garage after work. I get off at 4 A.M. so it's less hot. I got a vise from the local HF and bolted it down in the corner of the desk. It has been nice to have. Helps greatly to hold stock for cutting and grinding. Just need a bandsaw now! The hacksaw got old real quick. I'll be posting quite a bit in the next few days to catch up with all the new stuff and lathe mods which I have started on.