Thursday, June 28, 2007

3D Doodling

I'm presently in the final stages of my move. Jury Duty didn't help either. It's been a long and arduous week. Anyway since my shop is in boxes right now, I decided to reacquaint myself with Rhino 3D to keep my sanity. I have an older version (2.0) which came installed on my used laptop. It works fine for me. I decided to work on a design for an I.C. engine just to challenge my brain. This is what I have so far:

It's a concept only so far although the proportions are close to what I want. As you can see its a 4 cycle engine with a belt driven camshaft. Obviously it's missing a few details still but I have quite a few hours into these drawings. I'm thinking 1/2" bore with 3/4" stroke and 2.5" flywheels. A nice size envelope for a Taig. Hopefully in the near future I can start on some working drawings.

No comments: