Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Speed Control Wired, Lathe Mounted

Got back to work today on the lathe. My drive pulleys came in as expected with the belt.





I am using two headstock pulleys because the shaft on the motor is 5/8". The pulley is not bored all the way through. Because of this the lathe sat too far to the right on the mounting board when the pulleys were aligned back to front. Therefore I decided to rotate the left side motor bracket 180 degrees and move the right hand bracket two inches to the left. The motor overhangs the board on the left about 3" now but the lathe fits perfectly. After i did that I got back to hard wiring everything and fitting it in the box. I added a power switch, a fuse holder and mounted the box on the board. I finally bolted the lathe on the board.



I still haven't got a knob for the speed controller potentiometer but everything works great. I want to add a power light but I'm going to have to look around for something small because the box is kind of crowded. Going to order a 4 jaw chuck this week and some cutting bits so I can start making some chips.

No comments: